naturally…

I have to blog about my cat.DSCI0024
DSCI0057
DSCI0063
For anyone that knows me well knows that Tiggher is my baby. I’ve had her since I was 11 and the only time we’ve been separated for a long period of time was when I left for college. Every time I come home from anything, she comes prancing up to me, waving her tail, and meowing like she’s been alone for days. Some would think her meow sounds angry, but really she’s just pathetic. She’s a lover cat all the way; she loves attention, especially from me.
Like any animal, she has her own little quirks. She never drinks water straight out of the bowl, she always dips in her paw and licks the water off of her paw. Sometimes she’ll splash the water out of the bowl, or just knock over the bowl. When she was younger, she never played with any cat toys. She preferred the plastic rings from milk cartons. She doesn’t play as often as she used to, but she still likes them. We’ve found so many rings underneath the couches and refrigerators when we move.
She also chews on corrugated cardboard. She doesn’t eat it, she just chews on it for whatever reason. We’ve lost many boxes that way, and you always find bits of cardboard laying around the house. And she sheds like no other. I keep meaning to brush her, but I always forget. It’s impossible to wear anything without also wearing a layer of Tiggher hair as well. It’s as if I take her everywhere I go. It finds its way in my food, too. Maybe cat hair is good for you, though?
The sad part is she’s getting old. She’s probably about ten years old now, and cats will maybe live maybe 16-18 years if they’re really healthy. There are little things appearing that remind me of her age, but most of the time you can’t tell. She still acts like a kitten to me, so full of life. She’s been my companion for many years, and it will be the saddest day of my life when I have to let her go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking a new direction

A look at Jane Austen’s Emma

so yeah…